Thursday, April 2, 2009

April 2,2009

I’m getting restless now about finishing up the bike. Danny McDermitt told me it would be next week when the body work is ready. I know I’m going to have to screw around getting it all mounted up. The stock bodywork is pretty dated. I did get a hold of a racer out in Utah that also raced a 400. He had a 2003 TZ 250 tail section that looked “sweet” Check out the picture.

FZR400 

He was a real nice guy, and told me a few good “tid-bits” I’m going to put this tail section on my bike soon. I’ve been meeting some really nice people in the process of building this bike. I met a Bloke over in England. His name is Dave Bennett too. LOL  He’s a real nice guy, and we have a lot in common. He’s building a Yamaha Super-mono bike that’s the “cats ass” He’s been racing for over 25 years, so I bet he’s one hell of a good rider. Check out Dave’s Blog. http://yamatax640.blogspot.com/ 

Say Hi to Dave and leave him a comment. He’s a super nice guy.

I ordered a set of K&N filters today and a pair of blue handle bar ends. I just have little stuff now to finish up. I may have to play around some more with my steering dampener because I don’t think I’m getting full wheel lock. I may need to get on the mill and make something up. I’m still struggling with the fuel pump issue but I have a bid on one that is actually a 400 pump on E-Bay.  More later………….

No comments:

Post a Comment