Saturday, April 25, 2009

April 25,2009

I’m real bummed. I got the larger jets today and installed them, but the bike runs far worse than before. I’m going to give  up on the pods for now because from what I hear it is extremely hard to tune the carbs when you’re running pod filters. That’s at least what the guy’s on the 400 club say, and a lot of these guy’s race 400’s so I’ll take their word on this one. It’s more hassle that it’s worth at this point in time. I may try and get a hold of Brian Cook to see if maybe he can help me down the line. So with that said I’m giving up on a few extra ponies and settling for some usable power. Tomorrow I’m going to go back to the 87.5 and put the stock air box on and see what happens. The guy’s in the club say you have to run the air box if you want it to run right. I’m going to give it a go. My 1988 400 runs perfect with the stock set up. I can’t ride the bike the way it’s running. I’d rather have it run like my other bike. I can race that.

I got all three bikes out today for a photo shoot. It was a nice day but I spent a lot of it screwing around with the jetting. I don’t give up easy, but this one has me stumped. Maybe I should have got another RZ, LOL their a lot easier to tune. LOL. I’ll be back tomorrow I hope with better news.

DSC00144 

DSC00145

DSC00146

No comments:

Post a Comment