Tuesday, April 28, 2009

April 28,2009

I think I may have the little beast sorted out. The fuel pump I bought off E-Bay seems to be defective. The pump runs all the time instead of 30 seconds like it’s supposed too. I put the old pump back on, and the engine runs much better. I still have some fine tuning to do on the carbs.

The guy at Factory Pro   http://www.factorypro.com/ told me what to do next. It’s the air fuel mixture screws now. Mid-range and top end feel good. The set up seems to work, but I’m not claiming victory yet. I’m getting close, and I feel pretty good about the way the bike is now running. I got my “Powered by: Pugsley & Little Pugsley” on the body work. Davey B Racing was just a tad to big. Oh well, maybe on next years TZ fairing. Holly and Dedra have been a big support to me. Dee’s been helping me with all the jetting changes :) the kid’s got talent! LOL. Just one more decal for the back. The “mean eyes” LOL!  I’m about ready to wrap this project up. One lower fairing bracket, the mean eyes decal and the last minute carb tuning, and I’m DONE! I may run a few day’s into May, but all in all I’m pretty much on schedule for the end of April. When I’m done with the project, I’ll be switching gears to the track.  It’s been fun, well most of the time anyway, :) Now I can watch my friend Dave over in England’s, Mono build.  Yahoo….

As always a couple of pictures, until such time……..

DSC00158

DSC00159

No comments:

Post a Comment