Sunday, March 29, 2009

March 29 2009

I took my first ride on “The Project”. I ran it up the street a few hundred yards and went thru the first couple of gears. The tranny shifts good, and it’s not making any bad or unusual noises. Thank goodness. The engine is running super! I think I have the jetting spot on. I got the steering damper on today and did a few small little things. I still have to figure out how to mount my gas pump. I think I may have to get an actual 400 fuel pump. The one I have on the bike now is huge. I’m going to order the K&N filters this week. Now that I have the carbs all dialed in, I’m pretty much set. It’s a real cold and crummy day out here today. It’s raining and spiting snow. I hope to have better weather this week so I can take the bike a little further.

I hope my body work is done by this weekend. The entire bike is going to be Yamaha Blue. I haven’t decided what color to paint the wheels yet. I was thinking Black or Gold. Here is a picture of the steering damper on. Also a quick video of the bike running. It was very cold here today and the bike didn’t have enough time to warm up.

DSC00088 

400 at idle

No comments:

Post a Comment