Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26,2009

Well I almost gave up but………………….something wouldn’t let me. I went back out after I got back from an early morning ride. Sorry about you’re bike Jim, but there’s always  next time. I came back home after about a 70 mile short ride and went back at it again. I looked at the jetting set up sheet from the previous owner, and I saw that he was running the needles at the 2nd from the top position on the needle. I pulled the carbs off and tried that. It worked. Now the engine isn’t being over loaded with gas. I took it up the street real quick, and it ran like a banshee. You talk about loud. Man when that thing spooled up,  it sounded like an F-1 car. These 400 engines scream………… I think I may have it finally solved. I’m going to put the bike on the trailer and bring it over to Holly’s Moms house to do some high speed runs. Out there in the country, no one will call the cops on me. LOL I don’t want to push my luck with my neighbors. LOL

My namesake in England had some bad news. When his engine guy went to install his engine main bearings, he found a crack in the case. Dave has got to get another case and have it machined out. Bummer, hang in there Dave, you’ll get it. Dave ‘s  got a real sweet machine. I wish I could take it for a ride when he’s done. Maybe someday we’ll finally meet, and he’ll let me give it a go! LOL. I’ll be routing for you Dave!

I took a picture of both 400’s today, twins. I think I’m going to take the “white whistler” out for a ride this afternoon. I’m getting my new leathers broken in. Their starting to feel better.  I still have a few more things coming this week ,but now the bike seems (seems) to be running right, I should be ready for the track and RR school in a few weeks. I’m really hoping the CCS gives me the number 154 so Dave and I can still joke abut it.  Until such time…….

 DSC00147

No comments:

Post a Comment