Sunday, April 5, 2009

April 5, 2009

Today I messed around some with the tuning. I took the bike up the street and it seems to be really loading up on one of the cylinders. The number 4 carb looks to be pumping more gas in, as opposed to the others. I may have a float issue in that one carb. I noticed when I got into it, the engine backfired a little bit. Humm………….. Then I got another nasty surprise. The front brakes seem to be leaking brake fluid. Lucky for me I bought a couple of R6 calipers a while back for my other 400 but they didn’t fit. The fork mounts were different on the 88’s than on the 90. Oh well no foul. I started to bleed the brakes, what a pain in the ass. I tried doing the reverse method and that worked like s**t. Maybe I was doing it wrong. I went back to the tried and true method, pumping the master cylinder. I finally started to get some back pressure after about 15 minutes. Geez.

I’m pretty wiped out from working in the yard this weekend. I gave up on putting the trampoline together. I think I’m missing some pieces. That’s about it for now. I hope I start getting my body work back this week. My K&N filters and new gas tank and pump are on their way. I’m going to sell the tank because I don’t need it. Just the pump. It’s going to rain and be crappy out so I’m just going to chill this afternoon. Until such time………………. 

DSC00092

DSC00093

No comments:

Post a Comment