Sunday, March 8, 2009

Thunder in Indiana

Yahoo…… I got the bike started today. After I installed the carbs. radiator,and gas tank, I finished up all the wiring. Now it’s time to fill her up with water and gas and fire her up. Ready……………………nothing. Darn it! I looked the little beast over good, and couldn’t find or see anything wrong. I pulled the number one plug and cranked her over…….nothing……no spark, nada. Hum…… I must have forgot something.

After looking at all the wires I found two that were not plugged in. Opps! The dummy working on the bike forgot, yes forgot to plug the CDI unit in. Boy what a dumb a**. LOL After I did that , WHAM-O……………..  FIRE IN THE HOLE. Man does this thing sound SWEET! The header pipe is open right now because I have the bike on jack stands. I didn’t want the neighbors to call the cops, so I only ran it for about 45 seconds. It sounded real good.

I learned quite a bit today. What to do, and NOT what to do. The throttle cable was a real bear for some reason. Yamaha must want us to remember we are “mere mortals” when it comes to working on their products. Still I enjoy all the hassles, and swearing. :)

I hope to get the Fox shock back this week so I can finish up the bike and get all the mechanicals done. It’s going along  good. I think I’ll chill this afternoon and watch the NASCAR race. I did check out the Daytona 200 Friday night and it looked a little chaotic. It looks like the new promoters are not used to motorcycle racing. Glenny Bates was at the race. He said it was pretty dead, and not a lot of people there at the race. Hopefully they’ll get it right, and the AMA will have a close racing series. I was surprised to see Miguel Duhamel on a Suzuki. by the way Daylight Savings Time…………….SUCKS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment