Monday, March 2, 2009

The FZR 400 Race Bike Project

This blog will take you thru my 2009 race bike project. I hope to have this project complete by the end of April 09. I'd like to thank my wonderful wife Holly for putting up with me for all these years, and never holding me back when it comes to my bikes. My plan is to get back into racing again after not being involved in the sport for over 12 years. I plan to do several trackdays this season, get my WERA and CCS license and do some 4 hr endurance racing in 2010. The bike looked pretty rough when I picked it up In Little Rock AK on Feb 9th, but it is coming along nicely as time moves forward.

On Feb 9th my friend Carl Jarvis and I took off at 4:30 a.m. and headed to Little Rock to pick up the FZR 400. We had my YSR 80 in tow on my trailer to trade with Mike the guy with the 400. It was a very long ride (8) hours to get down there. Carl and I were amazed how much destruction the ice storm had caused down there. We heard on the radio that 14,000 power poles were down from the ice storm that had gone thru the week pior to our trip.

When we arrived in Little Rock, the weather was wonderful. It was 70 degrees and there were quite a few motorcycles out. Both Carl and I enjoyed the warm weather. When we left Indiana that morning it was in the low 30's. We spoke to Mike for about 30 mins, and then we were back on our way. The trailer was a little heavier now with to 400 in tow. We had a very uneventful trip (which was nice) and rolled back into Bloomington, IN around 12 mid-night. It was a very long 17 hour trip and both Carl and I were happy to be home, safe and sound and all in one piece. Thanks for being my co-pilot Carl and keeping me awake.

No comments:

Post a Comment