Tuesday, May 5, 2009

May 5, 2009

I’ve calmed down some since the last post. It’s not been a very good couple of day’s for me. Dave in England has been trying to keep my spirits up, and I met a gent named Mark from Florida. He’s also trying to steer me in the right direction. He’s a racer from Florida who runs a 400, along with his son.

I took Dave B’s advice tonight and drained the oil. Sure enough it had a gas smell to it, and it was right at the top of the oil sight glass. It’s supposed to be in the middle, so gas did get into the lower engine cases. That was from my floats sticking and draining gas into the intakes. Bummer. Anyway between getting help from Dave and Mark I’m hoping to get this little beast back on the right track. I haven’t given up yet, but if a nice 600 comes my way…… LOL  I’m going to put the carbs back to the stock setting based on what Mark told me and his experience with racing these bikes. It sure is nice to have blokes (thanks Dave for use of the Brit slag ) to help you out when you’re in a jam. The racing community is a great thing to have and fall back on. There are a lot of good people out there that race.

There’s a good race bike shop up here near Indy that Ruben Frankenfield has interest in. It’s called 35 Motorsports so I have another source if I can’t figure it out. My friend Jim and Matt told me about this place. Here is their web site address: http://www.35motorsports.com/contact.html

I’m going to chill out tonight and take a night off from wrenching on the bike. I think that may be a good thing for my blood pressure. LOL. I’ll be back with more news tomorrow. Hope the engine build is going A-OK Dave. One of us needs some good luck! :) Until such time……………………….

No comments:

Post a Comment