Sunday, August 15, 2010

Gateway Aug 15th Race Day!

Holly and I headed out to St. Louis Sat. afternoon. We stopped at the track so I could register for Sunday’s race. I got my bike passed thru tech as well. It passed with flying colors. I was pretty much freaking out that they would find something wrong. You were right Mark Tenn, it wasn’t that bad. Thanks!

Sunday was hot and humid. It was killer in full race leathers! I qualified in the 6th row spot D during the morning practice session. I didn’t want to push too hard because I was trying to sort out a few corners that were giving me trouble.

I was in Race 5. Went out for the sighting lap and the bike seemed a little sluggish. It was OK by the time I got to the grid. I did get a better start this time (I was in first gear) and got off into the first corner around 10th. I managed to get 4th place and the finish, but better yet was just the rush of riding better each lap I took. Next race is in Oct. I’m going to be in a lot better shape next year. I had a blast and thanks Puggie for being my pit sweetie.  A few pics. 

DSC00002

The pit stall. I need a canopy! NEXT YEAR!

DSC00010 Going thru one of the fast sweepers

DSC00013

About ready to Rock & Roll

No comments:

Post a Comment