Thursday, March 4, 2010

Starting to get the “itch”

Work was a bear today. I’ve had better day’s. It’s day’s like this that make me glad to think about racing and things to do to on my bike. Mikey came and picked up his SV last night so now I have a little more room in the Man Cave.

I spoke with my friend Mark thru e-mail this week, and he’s going to help me get another set of wheels. Get well soon Mark. I need a rain tire set up. I did good back in the day when we raced in the rain but………..That was a long………………long time ago, many galaxies away. LOL That was also on DOT tires, and not on Bridgestone Rains.  I got such a late start last year getting the bike ready I didn’t have much seat time on it. This year will be different. I know from riding my other 400 that the little FZR handles like a dream. I can only wonder what it will be like with slicks mounted.  I’m really looking forward to having a go at it.

I’m going to try and get the front wheel off this weekend and at least get the tire off so I can paint the wheel. I’m going to go with the bright yellow that is on the rear wheel. I think the yellow wheels will look good. After I get the new tires mounted I’ll take them over to Fox’s and have them balanced. I need to make a balancing stand. 

Until such time…………………………

  

DSC00029

No comments:

Post a Comment